CHCA Membership Meeting, Monday, Nov. 15th, 2021, 7 pm – 9 pm Location: ONLINE

Featured

CHCA Membership Meeting, Monday, Nov. 15th, 2021, 7 pm – 9 pm
Location: ONLINE
7:00 PM President’s Update and the goals for tonight – (Ron Haddox)
7:05 PM Approval of the Meetings tonight agenda and the Oct 18th meeting minutes. (Marian and Ron)
7:10 PM Form-Based Code – Update (Michael)
7:25 PM Update on MOU/MOA between BM Smith, Pike Park (Reggie) if any.
7:35 PM 11th Street & Edgewood – STOP sign discussion – Our Next Steps?

7:45 PM  Update current: Officer and Civfed delegates/alternates for another term. 

  • President: Ron Haddox
    Vice President: Sarah McKinley
    Secretary: Marian Gooderham
    Treasurer: Josh Folb
    Member at Large: Meredith Gade
    Member at Large: Ed Miltenberger
    Member at Large: VACANT

 

  • NOTE: If you didn’t receive an invite please contact Ron – “ronhaddox@aol.com”.

CHCA Annual Membership Meeting, Monday, Oct 18th, 2021, 7 pm – 9 pm Location: ONLINE

CHCA Annual Membership Meeting, Monday, Oct 18th, 2021, 7 pm – 9 pm
Location: ONLINE
7:00 PM President’s Update and the goals for tonight – (Ron Haddox)
7:05 PM Approval of the Meetings tonight agenda and the Sept 14th  meeting minutes. (Marian and Ron)
7:10 PM Special Speaker from CPRO (Past, Current and Future) – Kim Klingler

7:30 PM Speaker from Arlington County Fair, Barbi Broadus, Chair: regarding volunteer opportunities with the Fair as we are expanding our Board structure to include people who would like to be involved but may not have the flexibility to commit to being a Board Member.

7:45 PM Form-Based Code – Update (Michael)
7:50  PM Update on MOU/MOA between BM Smith, Pike Park (Reggie) 
7:55 PM 11th Street & Edgewood – STOP sign discussion – Our Next Steps?

8:10 PM  Vote to retain the current Officer positions for another term. Absent any objections or challengers, conduct a vote of members present to retain the following persons in the following positions:

  • President: Ron Haddox
    Vice President: Sarah McKinley
    Secretary: Marian Gooderham
    Treasurer: Josh Folb
    Member at Large: Meredith Gade
    Member at Large: Ed Miltenberger
    Member at Large: VACANT

 

  • NOTE: If you didn’t receive an invite please contact Ron – “ronhaddox@aol.com”.

CHCA Membership Meeting, Monday, September 20th 9th, 2021, 7 pm – 9 pm

CHCA Membership Meeting, Monday, September 20th 9th, 2021, 7 pm – 9 pm
Location: ONLINE
7:00 PM President’s Update / Goals for Meeting (Ron Haddox)
7:05 PM Approval of August 9th, 2021 Minutes –  (Marian and Ron)
7:10 PM Traffic Calming for CHCA – update and follow-up. 
  • USE PERMIT REVIEW Pentagon Mixed Martial Arts Letter to County Board

7:20 PM – Update of the plans for our Annual Meeting October 18th and membership outreach. (ALL) 

Special Speaker from CPRO (Past, Current and Future) – Kim Klingler

Additional Speaker from Arlington County Fair, Barbi Broadus, Chair: regarding volunteer opportunities with the Fair as we are expanding our Board structure to include people who would like to be involved but may not have the flexibility to commit to being a Board Member.

7:30 PM Old Business Updates / New Business
  • Membership/Treasury update (Josh)
  • Walgreens Agreement update (Reggie)
  • Update on Career Center plans (Marian)

Our Next Steps from meeting minutes: (Mike, Marain, and Erin)

    • Our letter to the County Board on the issue of traffic calming. Next Steps (Marian and Ron)
      • Letter was sent on 6/18/21, no reply as of yet.
      • Ron recommends sending reps from CHCA to attend County Board meetings to complain during residential forum section (3 minutes). Ed volunteers to go, if statement is written for him-Marian/Erin will work on it. Reggie can be backup.  
      • Mike: suggests approaching Transportation/Bike Commission to get support prior to attending County Board. He volunteered to attend one of their meetings w/our talking points on safety issues. Marian/Erin can work on talking points (perhaps get statement from Pentagon MMA).  – Done. (Marian and Meredith)

NOTE: If you didn’t receive an invitation link please contact Ron – “ronhaddox@aol.com”.

CHCA Membership Meeting, Monday, August 9th, 2021, 7 pm – 9 pm

CHCA Membership Meeting, Monday, August 9th, 2021, 7 pm – 9 pm
Location: ONLINE
7:00 PM President’s Update / Goals for Meeting (Ron Haddox)
7:05 PM Approval of June 14th, 2021 Minutes – No notes for July meeting. (Marian and Ron)
7:10 PM Traffic Calming for CHCA – update and follow-up.
  • Speeding concerns through Arlington Village (especially S. Barton, S. 16th, and S. Edgewood)
  • We continue to experience ongoing issues at the intersection of S Edgewood and 11th St S. County’s reply is that it won’t accommodate another crosswalk at the northern portion because of the geography on the Western side/Walgreens driveway/sidewalk configuration. We need them to propose a resolution to this dangerous area. What else can be done before someone gets seriously hurt or worse? 
  • Our letter to the County Board on the issue of traffic calming. Next Steps (Marian and Ron)

7:20 PM – Update of the plans for our Annual Meeting and membership outreach. (ALL)

7:30 PM Old Business Updates / New Business
  • Membership/Treasury update (Josh)
  • Walgreens Agreement update (Reggie)
  • Update on Career Center plans (Marian)

NOTE: If you didn’t receive an invitation link please contact Ron – “ronhaddox@aol.com”.

CHCA Membership Meeting, Monday, July 12th, 2021, 7 pm – 9 pm

CHCA Membership Meeting, Monday, July 12th, 2021, 7 pm – 9 pm
Location: ONLINE
7:00 PM President’s Update / Goals for Meeting (Ron Haddox)
7:05 PM Approval of June 14th, 2021 Minutes (Marian and Ron)
7:10 PM Traffic Calming for CHCA – update and follow-up.
  • Speeding concerns through Arlington Village (especially S. Barton, S. 16th, and S. Edgewood)
  • We continue to experience ongoing issues at the intersection of S Edgewood and 11th St S. County’s reply is that it won’t accommodate another crosswalk at the northern portion because of the geography on the Western side/Walgreens driveway/sidewalk configuration. We need them to propose a resolution to this dangerous area. What else can be done before someone gets seriously hurt or worse? 
  • Our letter to the County Board on the issue of traffic calming. (Marian and Ron)

7:20 PM – Update of the plans for our Annual Meeting and membership outreach. (ALL)

7:30 PM Old Business Updates / New Business
  • Membership/Treasury update (Josh)
  • Walgreens Agreement update (Reggie)
  • Update on Career Center plans (Marian)

NOTE: If you didn’t receive an invitation link please contact Ron – “ronhaddox@aol.com”.

CHCA Membership Meeting, Monday, June 14th, 2021, 7 pm – 9 pm

CHCA Membership Meeting, Monday, June 14th, 2021, 7 pm – 9 pm
Location: ONLINE
7:00 PM President’s Update / Goals for Meeting (Ron Haddox)
7:05 PM Approval of May 10th, 2021 Minutes (Marian and Ron)
7:10 PM Missing Middle presentation Discussion
7:20 PM Potential Capital Bikeshare station on S Scott St and 12th St S(Josh)
7:30 PM Traffic Calming for CHCA – update and follow-up.
  • Speeding concerns through Arlington Village (especially S. Barton, S. 16th, and S. Edgewood)
  • We continue to experience ongoing issues at the intersection of S Edgewood and 11th St S. County’s reply is that it won’t accommodate another crosswalk at the northern portion because of the geography on the Western side/Walgreens driveway/sidewalk configuration. We need them to propose a resolution to this dangerous area. What else can be done before someone gets seriously hurt or worse? 
7:45 PM Old Business Updates / New Business
  • Form-Based Code (Juliet)
  • Membership/Treasury update (Josh)
  • Walgreens Agreement update (Reggie)
  • Update on Career Center plans (Marian)

CHCA Membership Meeting, Monday, May 10th, 2021, 7 pm – 9 pm

CHCA Membership Meeting, Monday, May 10th, 2021, 7 pm – 9 pm
Location: ONLINE
7:00 PM President’s Update / Goals for Meeting (Ron Haddox)
7:05 PM Approval of April 12th, 2021 Minutes the April Meeting Agenda (Marian and Ron)
7:10 PM Missing Middle presentation  Alliance for Housing Solution – Alice Hogan
  • Housing supply and Arlington’s growing population  
  • Disappearing MARKs – market-rate affordable units 
  • Importance of housing affordability 
  • Housing and planning 
  • Arl Co’s Missing Middle Housing Study
  • What is missing middle housing: range of housing types and which are missing from Arlington
  • Racial history of zoning in Arlington: segregation and exclusion
  • Benefits of missing middle housing
  • How to get engaged in the County’s Study and to learn more…
  • Q & A

Background Information:

The Alliance for Housing Solution is a non-profit here in Arlington that does advocacy, policy, and public education around housing issues.
We are working on our Missing Middle Housing Initiative, in collaboration with the Lee Highway Alliance (since they are working on a visioning process and re-zoning effort much like we did on the Pike several years ago).
We are working together to support the County’s Missing Middle Study.
Here is a link to the County Study:
The County staff is doing presentations at various civic associations and we are two of their Community Partners, helping get the word out about the Study and encouraging residents to inform themselves about what MM Housing types are and how they might be of use to bring balance and options to our (inadequate) housing supply.
Here is where any individual or group, such as a civic association, can sign up to be a Community Partner as well:
Here, also, is the AHS/LHA joint website on Missing Middle Housing:
And this is our 2-minute video explaining Missing Middle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i-eX7sEukY

Members may have heard of the Race and Housing video we produced last fall. It is a 7-minute video with lots of great history about Arlington neighborhoods near Columbia Heights that folks may find interesting:
8:00 PM Updates – Membership, Treasury Report – Josh

CHCA Membership Meeting, Monday, April  12th, 2021, 7 pm – 9 pm

CHCA Membership Meeting, Monday, April  12th, 2021, 7 pm – 9 pm
Location: ONLINE
7:00 PM President’s Update / Goals for Meeting (Ron Haddox)
7:05 PM Approval of March 8th, 2021 Minutes the April Meeting Agenda (Marian and Ron)
7:10 PM – Potential Capital Bikeshare station on S Scott St and 12th St S
                 Zack  DesJardins – Bikeshare & Scootershare Planner
7:25-7:45 PM  Presentation by Takis
7:45-8:45   Q&A – Takis
    • Late-night sirens and cruising on the pike (Josh)
    • Speeding concerns through Arlington Village (especially S. Barton, S. 16th, and S. Edgewood)
    • We continue to experience ongoing issues at the intersection of S Edgewood and 11th St S. County’s reply is that it won’t accommodate another crosswalk at the northern portion because of the geography on the Western side/Walgreens driveway/sidewalk configuration. We need them to propose a resolution to this dangerous area. What else can be done before someone gets seriously hurt or worse? 
    • Rappahannock site: will the County be involved in collaboration with the developer to try to court desirable commercial tenants for the street-level commercial spaces? For example, the neighborhood desires to see businesses such as a deli/bakery, ice cream store for families, other similar establishments. 
8:45 PM Old Business Updates / New Business
  • Form-Based Code (Juliet)
  • Membership/Treasury update (Josh)
Please post your questions for Takis to ronhaddox@hushmail by April 5th. Please use “Questions For Takis” in the subject line.
NOTE: If you didn’t receive an invitation link please contact Ron – “ronhaddox@aol.com”.

CHCA Membership Meeting, Monday, March 8th, 2021, 7 pm – 9 pm

CHCA Membership Meeting, Monday, March 8th, 2021, 7 pm – 9 pm
Location: ONLINE
7:00 PM President’s Update / Goals for Meeting (Ron Haddox)
7:05 PM Approval of Feb. 8, 2021 Minutes the March Meeting Agenda (Marian and Ron)
7:10 PM 2400 Columbia Pike (Rappahannock) Major Use Permit Amendment
7:10-7:30              Presentation by Applicant
7:30-8:00              Q&A
8:00 PM Old Business Updates / New Business
  • Newsletter (Marian)
  • 3rd District Officer Follow-up Steps
  • Fenced enclosure on S. Glebe Rd. / S Walter Reed Dr.
  • Form-Based Code (Juliet)
  • Pike Park (Reggie)
  • Late-night sirens and cruising on the pike (Josh)
  
NOTE: If you didn’t receive an invitation link please contact Ron – “ronhaddox@aol.com”.

CHCA Membership Meeting, Monday, Feb 8th, 2021, 7 pm – 9 pm Location: ONLINE

CHCA Membership Meeting, Monday, Feb 8th, 2021, 7 pm – 9 pm
Location: ONLINE
7:00 PM President’s Update and the goals for tonight – (Ron Haddox)
7:05 PM Approval of the Meetings tonight agenda and the Jan 11th meeting minutes. (Marian and Ron)
7:10 PM Support of Desired Open Space Equity in Arlington – Presentation (Jesse Boeding)
7:30 PM Updates
  • Newsletter (Marian)
  • 11th Street & Edgewood – Update and Next Steps –  (Marian)
  • NC Plan Update (NCAC next project proposal & 12/10 deadline, discussion.) –  Z285_Proposed Design
  • Affordable housing/Drew impact – (Erin & Marian
  • 3rd District Officer Follow up Steps Needed.
  • Fenced enclosure on S. Glebe Rd. / S Walter Reed Dr. Updates?
  • Form-Based Code – Update (Juliet)
  • Arlington Forestry and Natural Resources Plan Focus Group – (Juliet)
  • Vision Zero Update: Comment on the draft Action Plan and Join Us on 2/11 for a Virtual Q&A (Eric)
  • Pike Park Update (Reggie)
  • NOTE: If you didn’t receive an invite please contact Ron – “ronhaddox@aol.com”.